Backcountry riders balance a fine line between cold temperatures, internal sweat and external moisture. If any condition gains the upper hand, you’re bummed. Our updated Rubicon Rider manages the backcountry extremes by combining breathable, durable fabric (to vent high-output moisture) with stay-warm-when-wet insulation (to keep you dry and mobile) and burly waterproof/breathable H2No® Performance Standard reinforcement panels in key areas (to help shed the elements). Made of supple, 100% polyester ripstop, the shell has a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish to snub wind and moisture. Inside, a soft layer of compressible Thermogreen® polyester (90% recycled) insulation adds heat to icebox temperatures. Tough 2-layer panels, made of 100% recycled polyester with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a Deluge DWR (durable water repellent) finish, beef up the shoulders, elbows and bottom hem to increase storm performance and protect from abrasion. Finer points include pit zips, an easy-gliding liner, a zip-off powder skirt (with webbing loops that attach to any Patagonia® snow pants), a removable, helmet-compatible hood with a single-hand adjustment, handwarmers, two chest pockets and three inside pockets (one holds a media device).
Patagonia Rubicon Rider Jacket Features:
- Durable, polyester ripstop fabric is breathable and water-resistant; 2-layer waterproof/breathable H2No® Performance Standard reinforcement panels over the shoulders, elbows and hem prevent wet-through and increase durability
- Lightweight, compressible 150-g Thermogreen polyester stays warm even when wet
- Removable helmet-compatible hood has an easy-to-use, single-hand adjustment; microfleece panels at back of neck and chin are soft next to skin
- Pit zips off-load heat; articulated arms increase mobility
- Removable powder skirt with snap secure webbing loop at center back, connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants to keep snow out
- Pockets: Two handwarmers, two chest, two internal drop-in for goggles and gloves, one internal zippered stash; includes secure media pocket with cable routing
- Improved, adjustable low-profile cuff design; drawcord hem cinches to keep out cold; drawcord exits into handwarmer pockets for easy adjustments
- Shell: 2-layer, 4.2-oz 75-denier 100% polyester ripstop with a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish. H2No® Performance
- Standard shell reinforcements: 2-layer, 4.8-oz 75- to 170-denier 100% recycled polyester with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a
- Deluge DWR finish. Lining: 2-oz 100% polyester plain weave. Insulation: 150-g Thermogreen® 100% polyester (90% recycled)
- 1366 g (48.2 oz)
- Made in Thailand.
- Style number 29435