K2 SideShow Skis 2012: The new K2 SlideShow Skis are for the skier who spends more time on firm snow, be it in bounds or out. With a Metal Laminate and a tighter sidecut you will be etching laser sharp arcs on rock hard boiler plate, and with All-Terrain Rocker the SideShow still holds its own in powder. Remember, a 90mm waist used to be thought of as a powder ski. Make the K2 SideShow Skis your hardpack skis, everyday skis, or use them as a high performance touring ski since they are surprisingly lightweight.
K2 SideShow Alpine Ski Features:
- Core and Flex Pattern:Aspen and Paulownia core: Aspen is solid and dense; Paulownia is an eco-friendly, fast-growing renewable wood that is incredibly strong and lightweight. // Metal TNC Laminate consists of 2 sheets of lightweight Titanal running the length of the ski. Alternating layers of fiberglass and Titanal sandwich the wood core to provide dampened, accurate, and unshakable performance.
- Construction:Hybritech Sidewalls are a unique blend of sidewall and cap constructions that combine the accuracy, power, and performance of sidewall underfoot with the lightweight characteristics and smooth turn initiation of cap construction. // Tip/Tail Hardware - removable plugs reveal holes that can be used to attach K2 Pre-Cut Skins or build a rescue sled
- Shape:All-Terrain Rocker™ is designed for all snow conditions, featuring an elevated tip for variable and soft snow performance with camber underfoot for power, energy, and edge-hold in firmer conditions. // Progressive Sidecut is a combination of two different radii that enhances the versatility of wider-waist skis. This guarantees improved turn initiation and hard-snow performance.
- Dimensions:20m @ 181cm 132/90/115 (all sizes)
- Binding Compatibility:We recommend a brake that is equal to the ski waist width and at most 20mm wider. (ski width = brake width = ski width + 20mm)
- Tip Width (mm):132
- Waist Width (mm):90
- Tail Width (mm):115
- Ability Level:Advanced - Expert
- Core Material:Aspen/Paulownia
- Rocker Type:Rocker/Camber
- Tail Type:Flat
- Turning Radius:20m @ 181
- Warranty:1 Year
- Style number S11303